John 1:17

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

“GOD IS YOUR PROVIDER!”

I bring Grace and Peace to each one of you in the name of Jesus the Savior of the world!  


Back in September when I presented the message: “GOD MY PROVIDER” ( http://thegracezone.blogspot.com/2010/09/god-my-provider.html  for those who have not read it.) I knew that especially in America that it was a controversial message, though true if preached in most churches today I would be quickly given the left foot of fellowship.  For those of you that do not know what that means, it means kicked out, never to be invited back.  I am also aware of the fact that even among Grace Teachers this subject causes division.  Now, if you were to ask; do I believe in the tithe?  I would give you the answer yes because Jesus the Lamb is the tithe whose blood was sprinkled on the mercy seat.  Jesus is the final sacrifice who took on the sins of the world. The tithe has been paid.  The way the tithe is taught in churches today when it comes to money and finances is what I do not agree with and is what I believe to be the last stronghold of Grace.


Because of the manipulative teachings in most churches today there is a spirit of poverty that is robbing God’s people and teaching that they have to give to be blessed is basically saying that Jesus did not pay it all and now we have to take up the slack.  This is not true, Jesus did pay it all and I am here to declare because of this truth that the windows of heaven are open and you do not have to be blessed… You Are Blessed… receive it now in Jesus name!


After realizing that the message back in September is still my most visited message I felt compelled to come back to the subject to give a more personal message of what God my provider means to me.  First off I want to make it clear I do believe in Giving, under the New Covenant it is called "Free will Giving".  There is no manipulation you give people the opportunity to give and because of Christ in them they give.  


I told a pastor friend of mine last November as sons and daughters of God it is in our DNA to give because God gave His son Jesus who gave it all.  Unfortunately he did not agree with what I said and stated that is not enough.  I am here to say it is enough.  Another example of the manipulation of people to tithe was brought to my attention when I was told of a pastor that I know in a local church that from stage had to bring it to the attention of the congregation to stop writing bad checks because there was $14000.00 of fees on the church records caused by the problem.  Now, do you think that if “Free will giving was taught that there would be this problem?  No, the Holy Spirit would never guide anyone to give what they do not have! The continued teaching of "tithing" in the churches today produces a spirit of poverty over them. I was even told by a pastor once if he did not pass the plate on a given Sunday the bills would go unpaid.  Unfortunately the American Church today has turned Christianity into a business.


I realize that changing this mindset of teaching for most does not happen over night.  For me I grew up being taught tithing it took me about two years to unlearn so I could come to the full understanding of what it truly means to say God my provider.  Now I feel so liberated but first God brought me to a true realization by using the verses in Matthew… 


Matthew 6:25-27 (Amplified Bible)


25 Therefore I tell you, stop being perpetually uneasy (anxious and worried) about your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink; or about your body, what you shall put on. Is not life greater [in quality] than food, and the body [far above and more excellent] than clothing?


26 Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father keeps feeding them. Are you not worth much more than they?


27 And who of you by worrying and being anxious can add one unit of measure (cubit) to his stature or to the span of his life?


God used the birds to show me that not only does he care for them but that there are times that he uses others to also care for them.  God brought me to a place where in my life I am truly at rest in Him.  I know that every morning that no matter what may be going on around me, that for that day everything has been provided.  God actually brought me into a relationship with him to a point that I know I am cared for and that I am loved.  I know now that because of the words of the Prophet Malachi have been fulfilled and that I am Blessed!  So are you, You are Blessed!


Malachi 3:10 (KJV)


Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and  prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.


I translate it this way… Bring Jesus the Alpha and Omega into the storehouse, that there may be a sacrifice in my house, and prove me now, saith God, if I will not open because of Jesus the Alpha and Omega the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing, I will provide for you.  



In the name of Jesus I bind the teachings of tithing money to be blessed and loose the teaching of Giving of your free will, the windows of heaven are open and you are blessed!



I am going to repeat myself and that is I do believe in giving.  The main message I have for you is when it comes to tithing it is the last stronghold of Grace.  Don't just take my word for it or your pastor's word for it.  Take time to search the scriptures for yourself and let the Spirit of Truth guide you to the revelation that you seek. It is time for me to bow out... enjoy the journey.  


Rest in knowing the GOD IS YOUR PROVIDER.  


God Loves You!  You are Blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Amen!! Good post brother! This seems to be one area that is most certainly a stronghold in folks. If we would stop and think about it for a moment, why is it that we all agree that the law was fulfilled, the doing of it is over, but we want to pull the "money law" over into the new covenant?

    ReplyDelete