John 1:17

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Become FRIENDS with GOD; HE is Already a FRIEND with YOU!

John 15:14-16 (The Message)


"I've told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature. This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you. This is the very best way to love. Put your life on the line for your friends. You are my friends when you do the things I command you. I'm no longer calling you servants because servants don't understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I've named you friends because I've let you in on everything I've heard from the Father.  You didn't choose me, remember; I chose you, and put you in the world to bear fruit, fruit that won't spoil. As fruit bearers, whatever you ask the Father in relation to me, he gives you.”

 

 

Today is the last day of 2011 and I just wanted to take a minute to thank God for his constant love for me.  For drawing me closer in everyway to take rest in him, knowing that He is my Daddy and I am His son.  For making relationship with Him possible; the way it was meant to be.  God wants relationship not religion with you today; grab hold of the Gospel of Grace and start living in the Grace Zone!

 

You have heard me say before that God made man for relationship and that he sent his son who was born, birth; life made new, lived among us, the lamb of God; Savior of the world, died, took on all death; sacrificed for us, paid the price in full, arose from the grave, claiming victory over death for us; so that we who believe can have life everlasting, and will soon return.

 

Glory to God, Thank you Jesus!

 

I will start today reading from 2 Corinthians 5:14-20

 

2 Corinthians 5:14-20 (The Message)

 

Our firm decision is to work from this focused center: One man died for everyone. That puts everyone in the same boat. He included everyone in his death so that everyone could also be included in his life, a resurrection life, a far better life than people ever lived on their own.

Because of this decision we don't evaluate people by what they have or how they look. We looked at the Messiah that way once and got it all wrong, as you know. We certainly don't look at him that way anymore. Now we look inside, and what we see is that anyone united with the Messiah gets a fresh start, is created new. The old life is gone; a new life burgeons! Look at it! All this comes from the God who settled the relationship between us and him, and then called us to settle our relationships with each other. God put the world square with himself through the Messiah, giving the world a fresh start by offering forgiveness of sins. God has given us the task of telling everyone what he is doing. We're Christ's representatives. God uses us to persuade men and women to drop their differences and enter into God's work of making things right between them. We're speaking for Christ himself now: Become friends with God; he's already a friend with you.

God seeks to have relationship with you.  The world was created so we could live and breathe and have relationship with him.  To walk in the cool of the day, to fly with the eagles, to lie down in green pastures, to run and never grow weary, David’s psalm tells it this way.

 

Psalm 23 (The Message)

 

God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing. 
You have bedded me down in lush meadows, 
You find me quiet pools to drink from. 
True to your word, you let me catch my breath 
and send me in the right direction.
Even when the way goes through Death Valley,
I'm not afraid when you walk at my side. 
Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure. 
You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing. Your beauty and love chase after me 
every day of my life. I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life.

As 2011 comes to a close today and we embark on 2012 and all the New Year has for us God wants you to know that He seeks relationship with you. God wants you to grab hold of life the way He meant it to be since creation.  He wants you to know how much he loves you and cares for you and that he is there in every situation. Right now he is asking these questions;

  

Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message)

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

 

God sent his Son Jesus to proclaim you innocent, to be sacrificed for all your sin; past, present, and future, to rise in victory over death to give you life, believe in this and receive the gift of salvation given freely for you today.  Do you want this relationship that God seeks to have with you?  If so pray this prayer with me today…

 

Dear Daddy God, thank you for sending your Son to proclaim me innocent, Thank you for loving me so much. Thank you, Jesus for taking all my sin to the cross past, present, and future. Because of your sacrifice I am now a Son (or Daughter) of the most High God. My heart leaps full of Joy knowing that you have sent the Holy Spirit to guide and comfort me. Most of all thank you Jesus for giving me your gift of Peace, because of you Jesus I am free from death and will enjoy life eternal ! Amen

 

If you prayed that prayer today I want you to know that you are now living in what I call the “Grace Zone”.  All that God has is yours. 

 

Matthew 6:26 (AMP)

 

Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father keeps feeding them. Are you not worth much more than they? 

YES YOU ARE!

As you move forward in 2012, rest in knowing that God is there for you every step of the way.  You are now a New Creation, old things are past away, and all things are made new.  Let God’s peace and understanding fill your heart and soul, for there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

 

God Loves You!  You Are Blessed!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment