John 1:17

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Be Transformed?



As we go through life God wants you to know He loves you just the way you are.  Don’t think that you have to make all these changes in your life before you can be accepted.  God sees you and wants to have relationship with you, and He has accepted the sacrifice of atonement given on your behalf.  


Romans 12:2 (Amplified Bible)


Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].


While at the NC State Fair this week while my son Kyle was waiting for a friend to find us I was sitting off to the side and I could not help to take in all the passers by their looks, actions, and differences.  I chuckled under my breath and Tamara my wife asked me what?  I answered in saying I was just looking at the crowd with all their differences and God spoke to me and said “I love each and everyone”.  I knew this and my thoughts wandered on the expression that some have just been mislead and God spoke again and said “They have no shepherd”, now this was not audible but was so clear that I had no doubt, I know His voice.


When I got home my thoughts kept returning to these words.  They brought me to the verse in:


Mark 6:34 (Amplified Bible)


As Jesus landed, He saw a great crowd waiting, and He was moved with compassion for them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd; and He began to teach them many things.


I could not help but to refer back to during the life of Jesus and who He chose to spend time with during His ministry.  The type of men he picked out to follow him.  He did not go to the local Church (synagogue), or to the schools of theology to find his followers.  What can we learn from this?  As Christians we are not to judge others and try to change the world. Jesus said in:


John 14:25-26 (Amplified Bible)


25 I have told you these things while I am still with you.


26 But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.


John 16:13 (Amplified Bible)


But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future].


Take time to tell others about the Grace of God.  Once they truly see Jesus everything else will fall into place.  Don’t take it upon yourselves to change them let the Holy Spirit do a perfect work in them.  Do what God does, love them be there for them and minister to them.  Jesus sacrifice was for everyone.  God’s Grace reaches out to all who will receive this most intimate gesture of love given by the Father for our atonement so we can come as we are to Him in relationship and live life and have it more abundantly. 


I close with this:


Hebrews 13:20-21 (Amplified Bible)


20 Now may the God of peace [Who is the Author and the Giver of peace], Who brought again from among the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, by the blood [that sealed, ratified] the everlasting agreement (covenant, testament),


21 Strengthen (complete, perfect) and make you what you ought to be and equip you with everything good that you may carry out His will; [while He Himself] works in you and accomplishes that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ (the Messiah); to Whom be the glory forever and ever (to the ages of the ages). Amen (so be it).
  
God Loves You!

No comments:

Post a Comment