John 1:17

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

God’s Grace Is Sufficient!



God has all that you need and more.  Know that you are accepted in the beloved and that God is well pleased with you. Live each day resting in God’s love, grace, and undeserved favor toward you.  Cast all your cares for he cares for you. 


1 Peter 5:7 (NIV)
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.


In America there is a saying and it might be tied to just the south that seems to be a nice thing to say to people when saying your goodbyes and that is, “take care”.   I usually catch them off guard and state “I cast all mine”.  I 


The message Translation says it this way:


1 Peter 5:7 (The Message)
 6-7So be content with who you are, and don't put on airs. God's strong hand is on you; he'll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you.


So you might ask; how is this going to help me in getting what I need?  God already knows what you need and is just waiting for you to not only believe but receive all the blessings that are already yours!  To keep this in context Jesus said it this way in the following three passages:


Matthew 21:22 (The Message)
 21-22But Jesus was matter-of-fact: "Yes—and if you embrace this kingdom life and don't doubt God, you'll not only do minor feats like I did to the fig tree, but also triumph over huge obstacles. This mountain, for instance, you'll tell, 'Go jump in the lake,' and it will jump. Absolutely everything, ranging from small to large, as you make it a part of your believing prayer, gets included as you lay hold of God."




John 14:13-14 (The Message)
 11-14"Believe me: I am in my Father and my Father is in me. If you can't believe that, believe what you see—these works. The person who trusts me will not only do what I'm doing but even greater things, because I, on my way to the Father, am giving you the same work to do that I've been doing. You can count on it. From now on, whatever you request along the lines of who I am and what I am doing, I'll do it. That's how the Father will be seen for who he is in the Son. I mean it. Whatever you request in this way, I'll do.




Matthew 18:19 (The Message)
 18-20"Take this most seriously: A yes on earth is yes in heaven; a no on earth is no in heaven. What you say to one another is eternal. I mean this. When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I'll be there."


Rest in knowing that everything is going to be okay!  Jesus is there for you and Papa goes into action for you because of the finished work that Jesus did for you on the cross.  Be content, live carefree, and receive all that God has for you while resting in his awesome love for you.  Take hold of the fact that you are Blessed. God’s Grace is sufficient! 


God Loves You!

No comments:

Post a Comment